Friday, April 30, 2010

In Madrid, but on the way out

Well, so far it hasn´t been too easy. The cardboard tube I checked didn´t arrive. It had my hiking poles, swiss army knife, and little scissors -- all potential weapons in the eyes of TSA. So, after an hour or so on line, blah blah blah, they told me sorry, bad luck, we will give you $50. And my tube, when found, will go back to Champaign.

GRRRR, well, step two. Off to the outdoor store where I had to go anyway to buy a spiffy rain poncho and send it on to Zamora, and there I was able to buy new Leki poles.

Step three. Go to the phone store and get a new SIM card -- no can do, Movistar no longer sells cards, you have to buy a new phone. Another grrrr.

Step four. Take the bus down the Castellana to Atocha to see if I can get on an earlier train to Sevilla. Not possible, all are full (tomorrow is a holiday).

So, I will arrive in Sevilla around 6:30, and tomorrow start to walk. Walking is a hundred times easier and more fun than this!

Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the tube. But since this the only airlines mishap with camino items for you after 10 years, I'd say you're running above average. Glad you were able to get new poles BUT DID YOU ONLY GET ONE PONCHO?!? Inquiring minds want to know. As I write this you are probably getting settled in your hostal, ready for some good rest before you head out tomorrow. Buen camino, Lauragrina. Enjoy, take care and know I'll be ready to head out from Zamora with you exactly one month from today! xox Dana

    ReplyDelete