Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My plan for the first two weeks

Here's my tentative idea of my stages for the first couple of weeks. These are pretty standard stops, it's not like the Camino Frances where you have tons of choices:

May 1 -- Guillena (Hostal Bar Frances)
May 2 -- Castilblanco de los Arroyos
May 3 -- Almaden de la Plata
May 4 -- Real de la Jara
May 5 -- Monesterio (the ham capital of Spain!)
May 6 -- Fuente de Cantos
May 7 -- Zafra (where I got bedbugs last year -- I will NOT be in the albergue -- reserved a room in Hotel Cervantes)
May 8 -- Villafranca de los Barros
May 9 -- Torremejia
May 10 -- Merida (beautiful Roman ruins here as well)
May 11 -- Aljucen
May 12 -- Alcuescar (a 3.5 km walk out to the Visigothic church Santa Lucia del Trampal is on my list)
May 13 -- Valdesalor (sleeping in the mayor's office, where the town puts out a few mattresses after work hours)
May 14 -- Casar de Caceres
May 15 -- Embalse de Alcantara, at the Pension LindaMar

1 comment: